Resumé - JAMES A. SULLIVAN
568 Taylor's Gap Road
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903 USA
Gail W. Sullivan
Research Assistant Professor (retired), Internal Medicine, University of Virginia
M.S., 1973, Wildlife Biology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
M.A., 1970, Developmental Biology, University of Virginia
B.A., 1967, Biology, Rhodes College
1987-present, T/A Quill Graphics
- Visual documentation for biomedical research, education, product launch.
- Animation and time-lapse microscopy for planetarium exhibit (Spons: GlaxoWellcome).
- Video on human neutrophils for Infectious Disease Society of America (Bayer).
- Microscopy for Chicago Hope (CBS) and Discover Magazine (Discovery Channel).
1975-1987, Consultant, University of Virginia Department of Medicine
- Developed microscope techniques for research.
- Implemented a center for optical microscopy.
- Filmed The Remarkable Phagocyte (Eli Lilly)
- Filmed The Killing of Bacteria by Antibiotics (Eli Lilly)
- Cinemicrography on NOVA, network news, in Congressional hearings.
1973-1975, Independent Wildlife Photographer
- See Kudos
- Magellan 4 Star web site, 1996
- TOP 5% of Internet web sites, Point Communications, Inc., 1995
- Winner, Society for Leukocyte Biology Logo Design, 1993
- First Place (film), Biological Photographic Association, 1980
- Winner, National Wildlife Federation Photography Contest, 1974
(from 20+ articles and 1 book)
- Holl, R.W., M.O. Thorner, G.L. Mandell, J.A. Sullivan, Y.A. Sinha and D.A. Leong. Spontaneous oscillations of intracellular calcium and growth hormone (GH1) secretion. J. Biol. Chem. 263:9628-9685, 1988.
- Yannelli, J.R., J.A. Sullivan, G.L. Mandell and V.H. Engelhard. Reorientation and fusion of cytotoxic T lymphocyte granules after interaction with target cells as determined by high resolution cinemicrography. J. Immunology 136:377-382, 1986.
- Sullivan, J.A. Computer-enhanced video microscopy. Photomethods 29 (2):31ff, 1986.
- Sawyer, D.W., J.A. Sullivan and G.L. Mandell. Intracellular free calcium localization in neutrophils during phagocytosis. Science 230:663-666, 1985.
- Sullivan, J. A. and G.L. Mandell. Motility of human polymorphonuclear neutrophils: Microscopic analysis of substrate adhesion and distribution of F-actin. Cell Motility 3:31-46, 1983.
- Weinbaum, D.L., J.A. Sullivan and G.L. Mandell. Receptors for concanavalin A cluster at the front of polarized neutrophils. Nature 286:725-727, 1980.
- Rein, M.F., J.A. Sullivan, and G.L. Mandell. Trichomonacidal activity of human polymorphonuclear neutrophils: Killing by disruption and fragmentation. J. Infectious Diseases 142:575-585, 1980.
- Sullivan, J. A. Whitefoot Mouse. Coward, McCann and Geoghegan, New York. 1976
Translate this Page: Have a Question?: